Friday, February 18, 2011

The Lost Sea

I have always wanted to go to The Lost Sea but had never gotten the chance until yesterday. I help plan trips for the homeschool group that is through our church so yesterday a small group of us got to go. I know everyone had a good time and I got to see something I had never seen before. It was interesting to me to learn some of the history that is there and how The Lost Sea was very first discovered. We enjoyed it so much that I got some other information on other caves that are in our area. Jonathan and I may plan a trip to some of those places very soon but for now here are a few pictures from our trip to The Lost Sea!

There is some vegetation that grows in the cave due to things that humans bring in on their own bodies and because of what small amount of light that is in the cave these things can grow. Most of what is seen in the cave is moss and ferns. In this picture you can see one of the ferns as well as some of the cave in the background.
Some more pictures of the cave.

The Front Entrance


1 comment:

  1. I am so sad that we didn't get to go. I really wanted my boys to see it. I went when I was little. But I'm glad everyone else got to go. Maybe next time...loveya ~ Kristan

    ReplyDelete