Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I Don't Know God's Way, But He Knows Mine!



Job 23:8-10 “Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him: On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him: But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.”

Job has gone from the wealthiest, most influential person in his land to a man who is broke, humbled, and despised. He is a at a point where he cannot understand or figure out what God is doing.

He says that he goes forward but God is not there. He goes backward, but God is not there. He looks to the left and to the right, but he cannot find him or see Him there.

Maybe you find yourself in the same situation as Job. Things are happening that don’t make sense. It feels like God has abandoned you. You feel alone. You cannot make head or tails of what is going on!

You can rest in this truth, “…I cannot see him: but he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold!” You may not know God’s way, but the important thing is that He knows your way. He is in control, and when he is done you will come forth as gold. God is going to bring you through this trial and produce great things from your life.

Our responsibility is not so much to understand but to trust. We may not know all the details and reasons of God’s plan, but we can see from His Word that He can be trusted, so we should give Him our lives and trust Him to work everything out according to His plan.

(I saw this on a blog that I follow of a missionary family that my husband and I know. I enjoyed reading it and wanted to share it as well. Much of what is said above describes perfectly how I have felt lately. I do know that God is in control. He has a big plan, but I just can't see it all yet...so in the mean time, I'm learning to trust Him). -Becky

1 comment: