Monday, November 9, 2009

Glimmers Of Hope Found In The Dark (Part 2)

Finding

Answers

Inspired

Through

Heaven


I promised I would share why this meant so much to me..


At first I was not sure why He gave me this little thought although I did find it encouraging I was just not sure why, but then when we got home from Church saturday night, Jonathan commented on how bright the sky was and how beautiful the stars were, when I looked up to see, the beauty seemed to almost take my breathe way, I wish I could have gotta a good picture of what it looked like, but anyway, I stood for just a moment and looked at the beauty before me, as I looked I was reminded of the devotion that Jonathan did a while back. He talked about these two verses.


Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance? Isaiah 40:12


And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. Genesis 1:16


As he talked about these verses he said how that God made the Heaven in the span of His hand but also in this verse in Genesis it says that He made the stars also. Jonathan said how that it seemed like it was almost an after-thought. Almost like God was saying here "I'll put these out there too, just cause I can!" He was talking about how big God is and how He can do all this but still He cares about you and me and our needs.


My mind went back to this thought about faith that He had given me earlier in the day and it was as if He was saying "See, if you look with more than just your eyes you will see what I want you to."and I can help you find answers for what you seek and help your faith grow in something as beautiful as these stars you see.


It was then that I really realized why He gave me this thought, and how sometimes He DOES work in ways we CAN see.


Seeing those stars reminded me of these verses and how big God is and How much He does love me and cares for my needs, and once again my F.A.I.T.H did grow!


I know these thoughts are some-what scattered but it is what He gave me and I wanted to share it. I do hope it might encourage you as it did me!



No comments:

Post a Comment