Friday, November 20, 2009

I will Love thee, O LORD, my strength. Ps. 18:1

I just recently heard this little saying. “There is strength in numbers” now I have heard this before, and in someways I suppose that it is true, there are strength in numbers, but when I heard it this time, it made me think back to a study I had been doing that I never got to finish. I went back and began to look through some notes I had wrote down, and as I read through it all a new thought came to mind, instead of “There is strength in numbers” how about “There is strength in one”


What began this search originally were some verses that I had read one morning. I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. Psalm 18: 1-3


In these verses it mentions 2 times that God is our strength, I was always taught when you are reading God’s Word and He says something more than once then it is something He really wants you to know! I began to think about how He is our strength, how He is always there for us if we will just come to Him. We know that He knows our needs without us even telling Him, but that is His desire, that we would come to Him.


I started thinking about how this is easier said than done sometimes, to tell Him all of our needs and to trust Him, leaving it in His hands, and knowing that He is our strength and that He will take care of us, and then I began to think, “Well, why is it easier said than done?” the answer I found was not completely what I wanted to hear, but it is true!


So why is it so hard? because we have our own will, we wake up every morning with a fresh start, but we are given a choice, to serve God or live for self, to choose right or wrong, to back down or stand for what we believe. Even Paul said “I die daily”


In our own strength we are nothing, we cannot be what God wants us to be if we try to make it on our own. I have tried this, and I failed miserably. I still fail everyday because I am human, but I desire to do right, I desire to be what God wants me to be, I desire to be like Him just as much as I can be, but if we were just like Him then we would not need Him.


If we did not need Him then He would not have said, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness...2 Corinthians 12:9. If we did not need Him~we would never know the peace that He can give, If we did not need Him~we would not know of His saving power, If we did not need Him~we would not know the unspeakable joy that He gives with an answered prayer, If we did not need Him~we would not know how He can hold us by His grace, If we did not need Him~we would not know the love that He gave when He died to set us free, If we did not need Him~we would not see the miracles that He can do, If we did not need Him~then we would be perfect, and we would not know the true beat of His heart, If we did not need Him~then I would not have found 55 places in the Bible that talk about His strength, I am sure that there are others than that, that is just what I found. After finding all these places I though again about how if it is said more than once then He really wants us to know it!


So my question for you today is this...Do you know Him? Do you know of His Saving Power, His Love, His forgiveness, and HIS strength? If you don’t~I pray that you will find Him!


I am so thankful for His love and grace on my life, and with each passing day may I constantly be reminded that HE is my strength!


I WILL LOVE THEE, O LORD, MY STRENGTH. PSALM 18:1

No comments:

Post a Comment