Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Greater Cause

Tomorrow will be one week ago I did a post in remembrance of 9-11. It was, as ya’ll all ready know, the 8th anniversary and it is very sad to say but I am sure many people relived that day all over again. I paused that day to remember the lives that were lost and the cause of why they died. But today another thought came to my mind, another cause for which a life was given to save someone else.

The day Jesus gave His life for me, He died for the sin of every man, woman, boy, and girl so that we could be saved and live with Him forever in Heaven someday. But even though God did all this for us, He also gave us our own will to choose whether we would accept or deny Him.

As I thought about how He so willing lay down His life for me all I could feel was love. I had not even been thought of yet when He died, and yet he knew me still and it took the blood of this One Holy and Spotless Lamb to wash away my sins. The sin I had not even committed yet. As I sat and thought on these things today I felt so overwhelmed. Why would God love me so much? Why would He give His only Son to save me? I could not comprehend these thoughts. I could not wrap my mind around them. All I could think was “What Love”!

And then I began to feel somewhat ashamed for how I had doubted Him and His never-ending love for me. How could I doubt the one that gave me the breath I breathe or doubt the one that created our world in just 7 days, I felt ashamed for my disbelief.

While I sat there feeling so lost, it seemed as though He whispered to me “it’s ok” I don’t think any less of you because you doubted me. But do you see now that I am right here with you whether you think I am or not? It seemed as if He was asking me “So are you ready to trust me yet?” How could I argue with this? Instead I sat there for a long time just trying to listen to Him. I have been looking and searching so hard for some rest and peace in Him, when He was right there all along. I am so thankful that He does not get frustrated at me. I do wonder at times though if He has thought He should wave neon signs for me to see Him? LOL

I have been praying and searching for a way out of this valley but He showed me today what I needed to find was the peace He would give and the unending supply of grace He offers to walk right through it, and what is even more wonderful to know is that He will give it to me again tomorrow.

I suppose I have drifted from my original thought. There is a much greater cause that we should remember today! the cause of Jesus Christ. Now I know that today is just September 17, 2009. That I know of, it is not a day that has been recorded in our history books or talked about for a special reason. It is a day the Lord has given us! with a new chance to live for Him. May everyday He gives be a constant reminder of what He did for us and His love and mercy. And may we go out into all the world and tell others of Him and how He loves them too.

I know it may seem like I am talking to the choir but this is what God has done for me today and it has been on my heart and mind so much that I wanted to share it with you all.

I know that each one of us faces battles and that we sruggle with things that sometimes cannot be explained. Don’t get me wrong I am still searching for God’s Will. I don’t have all the answers for my life yet and I still have so much to learn and I know that there will still be tough times ahead, but, on this very rainy day God put a ray of sunshine in my heart and gave me a peace that I have never known before.

I know too that this valley will end and I am sure I will face another, but, when I do I will be able to look back and remember this time in my life when God filled my heart with His love and peace and I will know that if He did it before He will do it again.

I hope and pray that as you read this that it will remind you of how much God love’s and cares for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment