Saturday, September 26, 2009

When My Faith Is Tested

When our faith is tested what do we do? (What do I do?) Do I give up? Or press on through the heat, do I trust in what I cannot see and have the faith to move the mountain? Or do I hide in the darkness to not reveal the hurt of my broken heart? These are questions I have asked myself and maybe even you have asked before. But what do we choose?

My mind keeps going back to the verse at the top of my blog, Matthew 17:20. I started wondering why did He choose to compare our faith to one of the smallest seeds that there is? He said that if we could have just that much faith that we could move the mountain, and then a thought came to me, maybe its not so much the size of our faith but who we have our faith in? How much greater is He? For He is the one who made the mountain!

A quote by my Pastor~

"Circumstances should not move our faith and what we believe." -Pastor Pallotta

I do not want the circumstances in my life right now to cause me to loose my faith. I want to keep faith close so that I always have the Lord close.

Learning to walk by this faith I am finding is the hardest part, but I am praying that through these test, God will help my faith grow so that I can come through stronger for Him.

For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. 2 Timothy 1:12






No comments:

Post a Comment