Friday, September 11, 2009

Never Forget!

Today marks the 8th Anniversary of 9-11. It was a day when this country experienced great loss and sorrow. This is a post dedicated to all the men, women, boys, and girls who lost their life that day.

I remember waking up that morning and it seemed to be just like any other day. I was doing my school work when I heard my Daddy say "Oh My!" I ran to see what was wrong and I found my Dad in front of the t.v. with his head in his hands. I remember saying "Daddy, What's wrong?" and he told me that terrorist had just attacked our country. I did not even know what a terrorist was. I was just 17 years old when that day happened and as I watched on t.v. those towers fall and those planes that hit those buildings I remember how scared I was. I had never seen such a thing in my life and I feared what would happen.

I saw many people covered in a layer of white dust with blood on them. They were the ones that had survived. I also saw men and woman carrying one another to safety, and then I saw people who had died. I remember crying as I watched this horrific display before my eyes.

I remember not doing school for the rest of the day and I remember knowing that this was a day that would soon be in our history books. I remember my Dad did not go to work that day and I remember that we did not do much. No, instead we sat in silence and watched as the events of the day began to unfold.

I remember that day very well, and so as we go through this day may we pause to remember those who died and those who gave their lives trying to rescue and save others. What hero's they were. This is a short video that I put together in honor of them all. May we never forget!




No comments:

Post a Comment